Sunday 14 June 2015

Work In Progress


Its been quite some time on this piece. Coming back to Peenya Metro Station to finish what I had started almost a year back. 
This journey has been so overwhelming and honestly I am waiting for the next step. 
This piece is my final work for my Diploma project but the process to reach at this idea has been so adventurous. I want to explain the piece once I finish it. Right now I am in a place where I am concentrating on being onsite. 
There are different experiences every day. 
Whether it’s the rain or going up and down the scaffolding or the ladder a hundredth time to get that perfect angle to kill the corner and make the stairs with a flow. 
Or answering to passing by audience about the wall, asking about their opinion or when I am feeling extremely tired and someone would just come and encourage me just by saying that they really appreciate this initiation of painting and it gives me the energy to go back on the scaff and work; when they try to understand what I am doing instead of just asking me what I am doing.

Making visualization and finishing the piece has its own place but the most important part is working onsite and being in a constant enquiry with your piece. Fortunately I have Ishita , Veda and Fabrice working on their individual sites in the Metro so that we share our different experiences and help each other if one has hard time working and be in constant conversation regarding our processes. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment