Monday 27 July 2015

Last Piece

“Last Piece”, is the start of a new enquiry that I address now through combination of my practice and other image makers.This work marks my end as a student in Srishti. It's difficult to write objectively about it since it involves stages and layers of making “me” and my practice.

This piece is simple and self explanatory. What defines it is the stability it provides to the past existing empty wall and how the site has accessibility to the existing architecture. This sync with the existing architecture was achieved using the existing spacial element, stairs and railing, and the illusion was achieved by connecting them.

Any interaction made with this image involves the viewer looking at the entire site. This contact could be from any direction or perspective, still involves looking at the entire site. The selection of color and the vantage point involved this idea of trying to use the color that mellowed well with the site. Whenever I looked at this site, before my intervention, it felt like a seamless combination of the immeasurable sky and the vast Metro lying beneath it. The blue had to be a part of the work, but the shades were something I made myself and the railing color was inspired by the existing ones.

The floor was a great experience. Not to brag but I finished it in 7 days, 875 sq. ft , with rains really pulling me down and this time the interaction with passer by public was more compared to while working on the wall, because of the scaff. But the interactions involved sharing thought rather than asking questions, which seemed like a progress for me. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment